Multiphoton Optics GmbH was founded in September 2013 by Dr. Ruth Houbertz and Dr. Markus Riester, as a spin-off from the Fraunhofer Institute for Silicate Research ISC in Würzburg, Germany, and started its active business with the seed funding in November 2014. Series A and B fundings were acquired in October 2015 and March 2019.
The company is an innovative global manufacturer for 3D Lithography Equipment for additive, subtractive and ablative manufacturing processes. The core competencies include hard- and software for microoptics and microsystems technology, optical packaging, and materials, as well as prototyping and engineering services.
COO & Managing Director, Dipl.-Phys. Dipl.-Wirt.phys.
- COO of MPO since 2019, Investor (Business Angel) since 2014.
- 20 years of professional experience in organization, finance, business development, product management, marketing, sales and account management.
- PhD and diploma in physics, diploma in business administration.
CTO & Managing Director, Dipl.-Ing
- CTO of MPO since 2016, Application Engineer from 2015 to 2016.
- PhD work from at the Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg (JMU) in the field of single photon sources and organic light emitting diodes.
- Diploma thesis at Fraunhofer ISC in the area of inkjet-printed micro lenses.
- Hands-on experience and deep expertise in additive manufacturing (TPP), quantum technologies (single photon sources), high-resolution microscopy (confocal microscopy) and organic electronics (printed OLEDs)
Head of Marketing and Communications
- Since 2020 Head of Marketing & Communications.
- From 2007 to 2020 Assistant to Management Board in Bavarian Cluster Nanotechnology at Nanoinitiative Bayern GmbH, responsible for International Networking Management.
- Before 2007, different positions in industry, at Siemens, BARTEC, and Nanoinitiative Bayern GmbH, responsible for Strategic Market Development, Coordinator International Marketing & Sales, Export Manager, and International Projects.
- Foreign Language Correspondent and Interpreter.
Chief Software Architect, MSc.
- CSA of Multiphoton Optics GmbH since 2020, Software Developer for Multiphoton from 2015 to 2019.
- From 2012 to 2015, software developer for R&D software at va-Q-tec AG and faizod. GmbH & Co. KG.
- From 2015 – 2019, PhD thesis at the Department of Material Synthesis at JMU focusing on Methodological Developments for Digital Lifetime Spectroscopy applications, MSc. Nanostructure Technology at JMU in 2012.